The Immersive Reader is an advanced reading tool located inside ReadCloud’s unique eReader. It reduces distractions and offers a simplified user experience to support students reading.
Access the Immersive Reader
You can access the Immersive Reader by highlighting a word, sentence or paragraph within your text and clicking the icon in the Learning Toolbar.
You can also access the Immersive Workbook by clicking the icon in the top header.
Simply paste a paragraph or type inside the box, and click "Go" to activate the Immersive Reader.
Text-to-Speech and Language Customisation
You can access Text-to-Speech inside The Immersive Reader by clicking the play button at the bottom of the Immersive Reader. The settings icon next to the play button allows you to alter the audio speed and choose between male and female voices.
Text-to-Speech is also available when translating the text to another language through the Reading Preferences
The Immersive Reader allows detailed customisation of the text to suit individual reading preferences. To customise and adjust the text, click on theicon. Inside the Immersive Reader, you can adjust:
- Visual Spacing: Increase the line spacing
- Change fonts: Choose between three fonts
- Color Themes: Switch colours to increase accessibility
- Text Size: Adjust text size in the reader.
Click on icon to access Grammar Options which allow you to:
- Separate the words into Syllables
- Highlight the Nouns or Verbs or Adjective or Adverbs and show labels above each relevant word.
Click on icon to access more reading preferences which allow you to access:
- Line Focus: A reading ruler to support focus on the text at hand.
- Picture Dictionary: Highlight a relevant word and a picture definition appear.
- Translate: Select a language to translate into and you can translate a word or the entire document.
Watch this tutorial video to find out more about the Immersive Reader